Portsalon Luxury Camping is run by Sean and Helen. They try to run the site in a fair and ethical way. They have great concern for the environment and believe in fair treatment of others so they follow the following basic principles:
1. Respect for People
- We will always be polite and courteous to others. We expect the same of our guests and visitors
- Everybody is welcome on our site regardless of race, gender, sexuality. We expect everyone who visits to treat others with respect too.
- If we can we will resolve any problems and disputes and will always try to do so fairly. We hope that visitors will let us know if they have any issues to give us the chance to resolve them.
2. Respect for Nature and Environment
We run our site with concern for the environment at all times. This includes the following:
- Use of eco-products whenever possible
- We embrace the principles of ‘Reduce, Reuse, Recycle’.
- We aim to produce as little waste as we can
- Avoidance of the use of chemicals if possible
- All planting is nature friendly. We are trying to preserve and enhance the biodiversity on our site
- As little artificial light as possible because we want to avoid light pollution
- Organic principles for our vegetable garden
- Seed saving
- Tree planting
- The development of a full environment policy. We are working with expert advisers to assess what we are doing well and what we can do better.
- Membership of local and national environmental groups and organisations
3. Fair trade
- We choose to buy from other local businesses whenever possible
- We choose local staff and workers whenever possible
- Portsalon Luxury Camping is a small ‘lifestyle business’. The aim is to make a living rather than large profits. Our prices reflect the cost of running a business in rural Ireland
- The support of local charities and causes when possible